quote:
Originally posted by Eric Queen:
The reason I was hesitant to think this might be Baraquement Graindorge is that I would have expected to see 2 paratrooper graves (Unger as well as HB) If there is a real chance that this could be HB, then that would be amazing.

Eric, I keep on trying to find out any clue...
The same photo appears in Lhoest�s book, captioned as "trois tombes � l�ombre des coupoles explos�es (...)". In fact, there are remains of a false "coupole" close to the graves. The caption is quite plausible, because the fallen members of Granit during the fighting on the plateau were buried at the north side of the fort, where the false coupoles were located. However, as I commented before, the photo shows "odd traces" that have nothing to do with the north side of the fort... Those post/poles, by instance, weren�t located on the plateau.
On the other hand, there was another false cupole outside the fort (the so called "objective 32", near the Bloc O1 ("objective 34"). The Fallschirmj�ger didn�t "focused on" these targets... Although the landscape of your photo seems to be more connected with this "outer" area (Bloc 01 together with the "objective 32"), in this case, the false cupola shouldn�t be destroyed (as Lhoest�s book shows... In fact, it can be seen undamaged at the Bloc 1 today).
In short, I think that the graves are not located on the plateau, but in a rather accesible place (the presence of the posts and civilians may support this hypothesis). It�s likely that the place is Kanne or the outer side of the fort...
Best regards. �scar