I don't think I'd trust a Doctor for the answers ..I bet you'd find all the answers you need at the Company incl what Code #'s were used and a date range of when the instruments were made. I don't think that code was used anywhere else because it would have showed up by now and been documented, too many sites show it as only being used at Steyr-Daimler-Puch A.G.
If I collected items from this Company , I'd go out of my way to meet their Museum Staff and find out what ref they have available and get pictures of their War time items and how & where they were marked. Myself , I wouldn't be surprised if the Waffenamt markings were only put on the cases and not the instruments. The less markings or stamps on an item , the easier it would be to sterilize ..less crevices for bacteria to hide in . If the Tool was not Stainless Steel and first plated and then stamped , I'd think that would damage the Chrome finish and could be where the rust would start.
The fact that the Code does not match with the Company would be a big problem to me.
Best of luck with it