quote:
Originally posted by kingtiger:
The 'right' SA's never hit the public market. The very best SA daggers sell between private members via e-mail contacts and I must comment that there is NO slowdown in the nice ones from my personal experience.

I must have bought my last 10 that way and sold about 50 like that. No advertising, just quiet offers back and forth.

Mark Wink

I have to agree with Mark on this one, as I have bought most of my nicest daggers from dealers and collectors alike, before they even hit the general public.
I get several e.mails a year from dealers asking me, if I would be interested in buying such and such daggers before it became public.
Most of the time I say "yes" Big Grin, as these guys usually know what I'm looking for.
You have to understand that most dealers have a list of things that there best clients wants.
When I did get my Army Damascus by Tiger couple of month ago, only a handful of people knew that I was on the search for such an extremelly rare blade.
It just happened that Jason Burmeinster was the dealer that got that dagger for me.
These types of blades would never hit the open market as they are extremelly rare.
Since I had my Army Damascus, I already had 3 e.mails from 3 top dealers in the US asking me to give them a call the minute I wish to sell it.
Sadly for them, they will have to wait till I die. Big Grin

66.jpg (67.38 KB, 467 downloads)