I think me have entered a very interesting period. I believe that ALL the above comments have merit, in my opinion. Big Grin No really...
It's not the heady days of a year or two ago. A lot of guys are starting to feel the pinch. But we had 3 buck gas before and daggers were moving fast then too. Confused
The few daggers than make it through eban's "gauntlet" seem to bring at or close to record figures. A Red Cross, very clean, $1,426.00, A retipped early SA currently at 1K.
However, a lot of dealer stock is not "moving" as it should, or did.
On the other hand, as Mark says, deals are done between guys left and right. If you agree with what has been said, then what is really going on?
Well my take is that is the "real" economic factors that are at play. Things are not as Rosy as the Media tells us it is. One big factor, in my opinion, is the reversal of the Real-Estate market nationwide. You can't flip houses anymore. It's getting harder to get home equity lines of credit due to tighter banking reqd's and the start of real loss of value in real-estate residential properties. Now I do know a couple of people who would flip a house,
by more 3rd reich. Buy another house, take a equity line, buy 3rd reich, sell the house. And so on. For about 5 to 6 years now.
Well the problem is, again in my opinion, the music has suddenly stopped! Eek
Now "they" are starting to sweat the monthly payment because it has been listed for 6 months with no buyers... Go to the bank for a equity line...no equity even after 6 months.. Frown
However the well healed, old money, collector is in a different league and hasn't been playing that game. So he's not feeling it.. so as far as he's concerned everything is Smile.
-wagner-