Gardist, I don�t know what to tell you. When the Berlin Wall fell and the two Germany�s were reunited a small flood of Russian and German military items came into the U.S. (old stock, there was not enough time to manufacture new items). Here and there were some absolutely never issued WW II German items. Some items looked like they had been stored at the bottom of a well. Others were in much better shape. I used to see for sale stacks of never issued German holsters that the Russians had captured.

Perhaps, 10 years ago (?) I saw similar frogs that were supposed to have come from France where there had been made during the war. With the frogs claimed to be old stock. Most of the new frogs I have seen used at least some synthetics somewhere in their construction. If a frog is or appears to be original materials that is a plus.

But given the fact that new items are entering the marketplace my best guess at htis point is to take a wait and see attitude regarding further acquisitions. Until we see just what the fakers are selling. Best Regards, FP