quote:
Originally posted by Fred Prinz (aka "Frogprince"):
I also try not to get too attached to �rules� which are too often seen broken by manufacturers. Markings can be faked, but they can also be copied perfectly. And I have seen more than one Third Reich item that was an original, but was declared that it was a �fake�, because it was not a �textbook� example. If �textbook� was the only way something could be done we would not see single date digit Mauser rifles. Or bayonets, or the Eagle/25 Waffenamt seen on some bayonets. My point being that I try to look at each item on an individual basis. And if it looks, feels, passes certain tests, as compared to other period items then I go from there versus automatically saying it�s bad. Regards, FP

i never said there are rules... the oposit is normal. the are no realy producing rules.

But...during abservations... i found the same producing prozess, parts etc. on frogs of the same Maker. So mostly the ph�notyp is maker spezifikant.

I observed about 200 makers.
Brehme Walsrode and E.O.G�tze had the biggest spectrum of typs, materials, rivets etc.
Other ones are A.Fischer and Riese with there rubbert canvas police frogs.

so i never will say that their are rules.

but, what i can say is... generaly producing facts of the differnt makers themselfs.