It�s basically the same frog except for the pouch webbing. With the other colors I have at least two types of webbing and frogs from the same maker that are different. I think that a lot has to do with what was available. Or why would different colored parts be assembled to various frogs??

Also, I have some well used M42 frogs that came with bayonets that have the �UFO� style button (if we are talking about the same thing??). I�m not saying fakes do not exist or could not be made. But I don�t like to say all of a particular type are fake when we see so many legitimate variations. And some of these frogs have been around a long time and were not high priced items.

PS: There is a German word for it (which I don't remember at the moment). That refers to small (what we call) "cottage" industries. A small private enterprise that makes something. And the LAGESA Dresden that you are referring to (like all of them) was a collective that gathered the products from these small makers to sell to the Wehrmacht. My point being that I think that is enough of a reason by itself to see legitimate variations. Even holster makers, who were usually larger and under the jurisdiction of the Heereswaffenamt inspectors at times had to use substitutes. So why not the small makers? Regards, FP