quote:
Originally posted by [email protected]:
Doug and Donald I would like to think that I know both of you to a certain degree as I have spoke with you both and have done good business with you both. I respect your collective knowledge. Unless I missed something Doug I did not see anywhere that Donald singled you out for criticism or otherwise. Donald, just an aside I didn't know that you were one of those that cast negative comments on Derek's visor. Had I known I would have been sensitive and would not have brought it up as an example. You are both valuble members/contributors to this forum and it would be ridiculous to allow a perceived slight to come between you.Perhaps accept the offer of a telephone call. From my own experience many a similiar call has cleared up many computer misconceptions Wink cheers, Ryan

My friend,please do not worry in the slightest and thanks for the kind intervention. I make no secret of my many faux pas (what is the plural of same?...) and my cardinal failings. In the case of the field cap in black, I was so utterly wrong and I exclaim it from the roof tops as an example of my own limits. I wish all viel Sammlerglueck. PS. I have also examined a Wagner officers cap, ex- Barrandov film Fundus, which has the latter variant of party colored brown rayon lining as found in late (post 1937/8 or so..)NSDAP caps. When I first saw this cap, it was a shock---I thought that the interior had to be black...----but the piece was 100% real, even if the badges might have been fiddled with. The early SS Sonderanfertigung caps came with a reddish-brown silken lining, as illustrated in many images in this thread; there is a species of later cap with a rayon lining, identical to said NSDAP caps. The lining of the earlier Sonderanfertigung black caps is also similar to the silken lining of early NSDAP caps. It is quite distinctive in fact. Stezelberger has more than one such cap on this site via comparison to some of the images I have enclosed here. I shall post images later. My best wishes to all and, once more, my comments were of a general nature and directed at no one figure here other than when I have expressly mentioned someone's name. I hope for all concerned that the cap in question is: a.) authentic and b.) that the new owner will let me look at it one day. sapere aude.