This is a sad fact that buyers MUST do their homework and really study the items they buy. There is a well know dealer on here that sold me a reblued scabbard. After taking it out in the natural sun light it stuck out like a sore thumb. Even smelled like bluing. I asked him to compare it to his minty example, he refused. He also tried to sell it to 2 other major dealers only to have it returned. Again he tried to sell it on an major auction sight. (glad I saved the add Wink) Never mentioned the re-blued issue. It was "pristine". If you sniff his case at the shows it really stinks of bluing. Same guy sold me a sword with a retiped blade, said it was Mint untouched. Not the case! 4 dealer/collectors all said it was played with and retiped. When I asked the seller about this he said �they are full of SH�T and would not even look me in the eye.
Word is out people, but new ****er's will be there to eat up the bad items. There as some people that get away with this crap over many years, then it becomes "normal". The more questions I starting asking around about this person, lets just say the worm hole became VERY VERY VERY deep! At what point does the money mean more to a peron than their reputation, dignity or honor? Sell your sole for a 30 bits of silver??? Anyone? Devil is in the details.