ORPO

Posted 02 January 2004 16:42
Joe,

That is the clearest photo of a Pol Arzt I have seen yet. I certainly believe that this fellow has green backed boards and blue collar tabs (they appear to me to have dark stripes in the collar tab Litzen in the Heer style) if that is what you can make out. Those colors are what the regulation plates seem to indicate. The fellow in your photo seems to have no discernible piping (probably had none) just as with the Pol Division Arzt picture from Angolia. Of course the problem with the W-SS Police Division is their constant mix of Heer, W-SS, and Polizei insignia. Another picture from Jack's book, on page 311, shows a group of police officers who are wearing both Heer and Polizei collar Litzen on their collars as they constantly did. One even has a Waffenfarbe V on his Polizei style side cap and the fellow across from him has on a Heer style side cap. The Pol Division doctor could simply be wearing blue backed shoulder boards because they were regulation for both the Heer and Waffen-SS. Heck Joe, now that I think of it this could in fact be a 4th W-SS Polizei Division coat instead of a SCHUPO coat.

George

"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself." Ricky Nelson