One additional observation. We (I) did not put that much emphasis on trademarks back then. Sure we knew the basic ALCOSO, Eickhorn and WKC marks, but they were not a big deal. I am certainly no trademark expert - not even close. But I do have questions like everyone else, for example:

Tom Whitmann, who I have the utmost respect for, warns collectors in his Navy dagger book to avoid the Horster trademark without the circle or oval. Yet I have seen that trade mark on 3rd Reich period Horster products and publications. It is shown on page 226 in Tom Johnsons "Collecting the Edged Weapons of the Third Reich, vol 1", on a NSKOV bayonet, and again on a period Horster advertisement shown on page 833 of "German Daggers of WW2, vol 3", also by Tom Johnson. I never asked Tom Whitmann
to clarify his statement, as I am sure he has good reason for it and it actually doesn't matter that much to me. BUT

People may believe what they want to, but until the facts are 100% and documented, they are really only strong opinions and conjecture.

As I mentioned, I have only about $40 invested in this dagger, but I would dearly like to have the mystery solved one way or the other, but by fact if possible. Dan