Thanks for the welcome and information. And yes, I do own one. If my memory is correct, I bought mine about 1961 from a walk in at a gun show along with a paratroop helmet (I was realy more interested in the helmet). I can't say that he "brought it back", but it didn't cost more than $40, my limit for a RAD back then. It came with a brown late style hanger in almost unused condition, with RADJ and Assmann marked nickel fittings. It is also flat die stamped with a RZM mark and 1944 on the vertical portion. The dagger itself is not mint, but in excellent condition with only some loss of plating in what would be the reverse side of the hilt ferrule area. It has a nice "feel" and the finish/quality is excellent and consistant with normal hewers. It has the normal RADJ and GES. GESCH. on the reverse (motto) side, and the crown, K and Solingen mark on the obverse side.

On a slightly different note, I purchased a RAD Sr. by Pack in the late 1950s with two hangers. The first hanger is standard, the second I can only guess is some sort of service or field hanger, and shows a fair amount of use. It is medium colored brown leather, with a 5cm x 8.5cm round bottomed shield shaped belt loop. From this, inserted between the front and back of the belt loop and sewn in are two 9cm straps in an inverted "V" with standard RAD/Luft. type sliding clips. The clips have the normal dull grey finish with only the slightest amount of a golden residue in the recesses and the loop areas, which I think is only dis-colored lacquer and not a onetime gold finish. It is die stamped with "LP By" on the reverse and the standard D.R.G.M. on the clips. Does anyone have any info on it, I don't think it is the only one around because of the reverse stamping.
Thanks again, Dan

P.S. Having sold most of my collection in the late 60's, retaining only about 50 daggers and other misc. stuff, I am one of those guys who wish they could re-think what they did. I am, however, amazed at current prices, the amount of available information, excellent reference material, the Germandaggers site, and the truly knowledeable people in the collecting community today.