Gentlemen,

Just arrived from the Max show after a long flight to the Great White North. Big Grin
First of all, I would like to honestly say that this was one of the best Max show that I have ever attended to. The new Monroeville convention center is really great, very nice cafeteria with lot's of tables and chairs( something missing at the SOS for some strange reason ).

On friday afternoon, there was a large crowd at the Convention center and most of the dealers that I talked to, said that business was fair, not great but fair.
Prices were still high but most dealers were willing to negociate their prices.
Some even had signs announcing a 20% discount on everything. Eek
Good quality items were rare ( except for SA and SS daggers for some strange reason ) and I was lucky to find one SS dagger to my own taste. Wink
Looked everywhere for a near mint early Luft 1st model and I couldn't find one. All of the one that I saw were in pretty rough condition.
SA's and SS's daggers were plentiful and prices were way down. I saw many minty SA's selling for no more than $ 1200 USD. These were selling in the high $ 1500 USD just a year ago. Roll Eyes
Saw tons of minty SS RZM for less than $ 3000 USD. Minty SS Chained daggers were going for less than $ 10,000 USD and yet, no buyers.
I could feel that times were difficult for most.
I guess the economic crisis is having an effect on the hobby but that's just my opinion and I could be wrong.

On thing which surprised me a lot at the show, was the fact that I didn't see too many fakes on the tables. Smile

The thing that I enjoyed the most at the Max was to meet my good friends and I did spent most of my time with Brian Rich, Serge Masche, Johnny V and Frederick Stevens.

Thank you guys for everything, we really had a great time together and I'm looking forward to see you all at the SOS show. Wink

Here are some pics of the show.

1.jpg (74.98 KB, 842 downloads)