I never said it was a dealer this is what happened.

A week or two ago someone e-mailed then called me asking for two scabbard screws and a pommel nut for an SA. I had a long chat with him on the phone and he seemed nice enough, lived fairly local and seemed really interested in an opinion in an SS he was buying supposidly for his father.

He calls me again to say that he is in a wheel chair and asks if I could pop out to see him as travelling was a problem. I went round there and sure enough he was clearly disabled and we sat at a table in his dining room. He shows me some piece of crap SS dagger that has a real blade and one real crossguard. He said he was about to buy it for �1,000 and asked me what if anything was wrong with it. I explained it was more repro than real and told him not to buy it.

He said he had an NSKK that I could look at that he had traded some stuff for some years before. I took it off the wal and it was an early ground Rohm (maybe) in a vertical hanger The handle was right, the crossguards were later ones and the scabbard was later. I told him and he seemed very surprised.

We chatted a bit more I gave him the scabbard screws and pomel nut he needed for free and he asked if I could hang the NSKK back on the wall. As he pointed to where it hung up I noticed an SS in a cupboard with a bag. He said oh you can look at that and I took it out the case. Now as you know I have quite a few SS daggers and there was nothing wrong with it. He said take it apart and have a look if you like. The pomel nut was hand tight I took it to bits and all looked good, It was a fully ground rohm and fine. We talked about it for a bit longer and he said I have another nice one for you to look at before you go. He told me where it was and I grabbed it, it was the Pack full Rohm.

I took it out the scabbard and remarked how nice it was. He explained that with changes in UK gun laws he had traded two something or others for it that the guy had sold for �4400. He said it was not for sale but "you never know". Before I left he asked if he could buy an old SA off me to try and put early fittings on the ground rohm he had.

I said if I was passing I would pop in and let him have a look at it although I was not sure if I wanted to break it or sell it as it was untidy but honest.

A week later I get a call telling me that he knows someone who bought an SS Full rohm from the US a few years back that was selling it for �8,500. I explained that I might be interested in it but would need provinence and a good second opinion before I would go and part with that kind of money. He said that was fine as it was 100%. Also asked me if he could look a that salty SA I had for bits and said how he enjoyed meeting me last time.

I popped round there with the SA and a few nice other bits to just show him as he was interested in what certain daggers supposidly looked like. He also said that over the years quite a few people had been trying to get the full rohm off of him. He also said that he was now wanting another SS sword as there were three or four there. He then said he would be prepaired to sell the full rohm and Eick SS for the right money for the sword. We discussed it and I said provided I could get the full rohm checked out I was happy paying �5200 for the pair plus two SA daggers he wanted.

He asked me if I could use the two SA daggers parts to make his parts SS and his ground part rohm more original for him as he was hoffified to hear from me that they were wrong. So I agreed on the understanding that he knew they would just still be parts daggers and would not be correct etc. He told me he would just hang them back on the wall to replace the two I would buy from him. I took his two daggers home stripped these two SAs down and it took me thirteen hours to make as good a job as possible on them.

I took some pics of that full rohm on my mobile that night and posted them here on the forum. A few people made comments and someone e-mailed me to tell me it was right and nice etc. Still being scepticle I told him I was not interested in paying for it until I had it verified and checked out. He told me I could have seven days to do that, but as he does not know where I live he would need the money up front. Clearly being severely disabled the guy was not going anywhere and to be honest I trusted him. I asked for his bank details and he told me that cash would be preferable as the chap he was buying the SS sword from wanted cash providing I was happy.

I was a bit unhappy about that so he said speak to "kevin" he dials the phone and puts it on speaker. The voice on the end of the phone told me he used to own the full rohm, not being funny I must be silly not to know it was right. I said a few people on a forum I use had a few reservations but the pics were bad. He told me had a few people look at it when he owned it including Harvy and said it was great. He then asked what forum and laughed saying most of them on there are "armchair collectors and know nothing" or something similar. After a bit more of the same I handed the money over and took the two daggers confirming the seven day thing, and gave him his two repaired ones that he was really pleased with. After a few comments on here I asked for my money back, he told me he had spent it the next day.

I have been on the phone several times asking for my money back and he point blank refuses. He says today that It is clearly my fault and I have no proof its wrong etc etc. I said I would take him to court, he said im disabled you know that I am not even going to be able to get there..

I said I would take it back to him and he could give me two SS swords he has until he gets my money back and he refused then saying its my fault etc etc and that I ruined his two daggers by repairing them.

I tell him bluntly that I am the victim here, we agreed on a 7 day period. I gave him �5200 plus two SAs and spent 13 hours working on his others for him.

IMO I have been targeted, he is a front man that it will proove difficult to get into court. That being said out of principal I will just keep going with it even if I loose because the moneys a big hit but the principal is the stab to the heart.

Keep your eyes out for an RZM SS with a nice blade but with N/S scabbard fittings and X/Gs. It has the Gau mark OST on the X/G. Also a ground partial Rohm from anyone in England.