Hello,
I have just bought a new dell computer with windows xp & with the media center program that comes with it. On my old computer,using windows 98 I could download pics in paint shop and change them in paint shop using batch conversion,lets say bmp to jpegs. In this computer even if I download them and save them as bitmaps, then convert them to jpegs with paint shop I still cannot view them in either program. In order to view them in media center,or paint shop I have to open them individually in aol picture finder,save,then I can open them in the above mentioned programs. My question I guess is,why can't I just convert them like I used to do in windows 98 and view them as I used to? This way I have to go thru aol picture finder and save each one individually,a hassle if you have lots of pics. I have set the preferences in paint shop so that it supposedly recognizes jpegs and bmps. When saved thru aol picture finder it says they are image files,which apparently include jpegs,bmps,gifs etc,but as I say I cannot view them if converted to these formats using any other program other than aol picture finder. Am I missing something here? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Duzig(Bill)