Finally this Nm condition early type of an orginal Luftwaffe machete lands into my collection.
Alcoso scales ACS trademark.
Grip hilt made of brass.
Blued scabbard. Dark & nice. Cool

This pictured machete have also full 100% provience from Norway on the west coast where the Germans served during wartime in a Airport there they have base.
The pre owner of this machete was a Police shef in that town in the war. When he died about 15 years ago the family sell some of the stuff he taken from the Germans. Include a nice orginal SS helmet with history to the user and a few SD / SS things + NS Police tag and this machete.
The machete have in the past 10-12 years been into a collection in Norway.
I remember that day i see this machete first time many years ago. I was in the Gunshop where the dealer get this in. I hold it in hands and have "no clue" of its rarity at all.
The dealer sold it after only few days that time. The time has gone and ..... Now its in my collection. Wink ( the world are small) Big Grin

This types of machetes was carried aboard the He 111 Heinkel 111 Bombers serving on the Eastern Front. And may other planes?
The Machete was an organic component of a large survival kit carried aboard the aircraft.
Used by the Luftwaffe.
I bealive some of the German planes landing here on the westcoast , are sending troops to Murmansk for the Eastfront. Im quite sure this Machete was one of the items the Policeman get hands of when he served near the base ?

Here it is .
Enjoy the pics

Regards LH 600

All more further information about machetes are welcomed. Very few info to find out there of such machetes.

HE 111