Tristan,

Thanks for the shots of the K�rner auction pieces, now if only I could win the lottery, heh ... owning any one of these examples really would be "hitting the jackpot!" One can easily see why the Professor is becoming so popular with all-kinds of collectors these days. These examples are what dreams are made of - my dreams! Smile

Jim,

Do my eyes deceive or is that little fellow sporting a beetle-like exoskeleton? I know that early Germanic tribes wore wolf, bear and deer skins in this fashion, but that looks like a Hirschk�fer-mantle to me. I think that this could be in keeping with the many Puttis or cherubic figurines that were created in porcelain over the years? Some were most unusual in subject matter - children riding sea-monsters or other exotic beasts, potraying historical characters, etc... I think your early piece falls into line there? I'd love to know the story behind this little imp, would Meissen be able to identify it for you? They must have a department that does this sort of thing, no? Could it possibly be an original Bustelli?

Please feel free to post anything you wish, whether French, Russian or any others, we're all willing to look and learn. If it's interesting to you it will most likely fascinate us, too. Those have to be among the prettiest markings I've ever seen ... very sophisticated and elegant.

Many thanks to all of our regular contributors and guests, best to all ... Wink

Bill