Gary,

I'm afraid you won't see too many of his bronzes
for sale, though, once in a while one will pop up. Most places that keep finalized auction bids
and somewhat limited descriptions are those art/artist sites that charge a membership fee,
some priced quite steep. Much of the available data is just a re-hash of Kärner's biography.

When compared to his porcelain figures the number of bronze works is very low. I'd say that's a pretty fair statement. It seems the good Professor primarily concerned himself with
hard-paste projects and rendered bronzes only on occasion. Some of those can be correctly dated starting in the 1910's, 20's and thirties - again, rather infrequently.

Besides the owl, the stag and a couple of horse-related bronzes, I haven't seen much else of his out there. A while back some ultra-rare TR bronze pieces came from the estate of his co-worker, Franz Nagy. Two of the most familiar sculptures that were found, 'The Fencer,' and 'The Flag-bearer,' were the only known copies to exist in bronze, I believe?

I'm sure there are other works in bronze out there to be noted, I have to check one more old list I have for some more possible examples. That would be a good thing to tack on to this thread as time goes on ... Smile

T, I think I have a good photo of the colored fawn you're looking for somewhere around here?
That's the best I can do for now - Big Grin

Good hunting to all !

B~