Come on, guys, you're starting to sound like my Bill-Gates-Bashing, Microsoft-hating brother-in-law.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that I've installed IE7 on dozens of machines, and while I don't necessarily prefer it to IE6, I haven't had any problems that you all are reporting here.

I'd be willing to bet that the source of your IE issues are not caused by IE itself, but by some other issue related to your hardware or OS - such as insufficient memory (even if you have plenty of installed memory, you might have several memory-intensive applicatons running that themselves require a substantial memory investment), malware infestation, or you might even be running some manner of beta bits.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not pooh-poohing any issues that you might be having, I'm simply saying that the source of your problems might not be due to IE itself... after all, my entire office was forced to upgrade to IE7 and nobody's reported any issues thus far (aside from the fact that it's taking a little while to get used to the new layout).