I think it is difficult, if not impossible, to place ourselves in the state of mind of the Germans in the early 1930's. Honestly, I believe there would have to be something very seriously wrong with a dagger or its components for it to be rejected or discarded. Look at even the earlier political daggers with offset eagles and grip buttons. Some have poorly etched or poorly centered mottos and trademarks. Some blade to crossguard and grip to crossguards fits are poor. These minor deficiencies can even been found on some "Himmler's" and "Rohm's." I agree you would think they would want an honor dagger to be near perfection, but we are viewing things from today's collector's perspective, after daggers have been scrutinized, compared and examined to the "nth" degree. Probably, during the period, few would notice or care if the reverse of a blade was a tiny bit wavy. The presentation and receipt of such a dagger would have been the central idea. There are, no doubt, other explanations as regards this particular dagger. No one will ever know its true history.