Chief82, I actively practiced falconry from 1966 until a couple of years ago. I lived in Germany from 1970 through 1972 and hawked constantly and was a member of the DFO. As a member of the DFO I hawked in Germany, Austria and the Netherlands, though the Dutch club was not taken with the German club nor my membership in it.

I have dabbled in German militaria and historical political items since I was a boy in the 1950's. I am also a graduate with a major in history. My focus was 20th Century German political History. I believe that I know the subject well.

While in Germany I hunted(hawked) with and was sponsored by several elder gentlemen who were former party members and who shared a great deal of the DFO's history with me. Among these elders of the club was a renowned sporting/wildlife artist who did a famous portrait of Herman Goering with a peregrine falcon on his fist. Goering was the honorary master of the DFO.

You have some great and rare items but I fear they are not from the period of the THird Reich. The 1930's hunting tunic is very nice but I suspect that the arm badge is dated after 1970 when the DFO changed the logo.

I know that this is a hell of a way to join a new internet forum but I tend to write what I believe to be correct and hope that all accept it as an honest expression. If I am wrong in anything I have stated I will quickly admit my error.

An old photo of me in Mittelfranken on a hare hunt.

Agoshawk.jpg (59.28 KB, 225 downloads)