quote:
Originally posted by LEGSjm:
BRAD,
Didn,t understand the bit about Keith and rabbit fever.
We use a Harris Hawk for rabbits.
Regards JOHN

Check out "Tularemia" on Google - it's kind of like food poisoning for rabbit hunters . . . Keith's got very away from him, and he almost died in the hospital - reputedly the worst case on local record. Stuck himself in the hand with a knife while cleaning a rabbit, and he said it was all downhill from there . . .

I hear the Harris hawk is quite magnificent too. Since I last posted, apparently Keith has sent both Golden Eagles to be released back into their native habitat (they were actually "re-hab" birds injured by hunters). Now he is left only with his Red-tail and a couple of other types I know nothing about, but I'm sure it wouldn't be any trouble getting him to consider a Harris or two - he certainly does have the capacity and capability!

In addition since my last post, I have parted from helping Keith out on his trips any longer - he has become subject to much more strict local regulation, and it's better for him if he goes it alone for now . . .

P.S. Love the falconry patch on that tunic!

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have . . . .