Joe / guys,

I still have not been able to go treasure hunting for the burried "Spy pistol" but I do have other good news. I found a soldbuch and medals beloning to one of the U-252 crew members. I was a bit sceptic, so I got the name "Ditrich Intermann" and I called the old man again...crossing my fingers, as I had spoken to him for a long time, and did not know if he had passed away, but he is still around and still sharp at 93 years old! I wanted to ask him if he rememberd this guy, and as soon as I told him the name= "ahhhh...yes he was one of our petty officers in the engine room" !

So as soon as I hung up, I emailed the dealer with the Soldbuch and ordered it with all the medals. EKI, EKII, U-boat badge and cap eagle. The words of the old man, when I told him I just bought this "Ohhhh boyyy" And I emailed his son some photos of the soldbuch and the mans photo. He was very happy with that.

He told me that he made very good friendship with U-252�s 1stWO (2nd in command) they used to sit in the U-252 conning tower hatch at night time and smoke pipe together. After the war, he was able to get a photo of his lost friend, which he still has today.

Please note, that in the photo: the photo is of Ib Riis and the EKI and EKII below are his awardeded crosses. The EKI within the blue circle is from first German pilot killed in Iceland, WWII, Ofw Hans Joachim Durfeld..but that is another story...

The medals and Soldbuch below is from Dietrich Intermann, U-252.

Nice to be able to display this story with more items related to it.

Regards