Denny,

Thanks for chiming in my friend. Now THAT'S the piece I was referring to, thanks too for posting it. No matter that it's a KS98 Wink I've got a soft spot for those as well, maybe too much but I'd kill for a fire bayonet with that mark.

Thinking about it you're probably right that Baron is more likely a trade name for Weyersberg as opposed to a distributor. I mean, how many makers had an exclusive distributor? Not many I surmise.

Nacho,

Thanks for sharing your Zeitler. There really aren't many out there, I've seen just 4 of them in about 10 years of looking. Terry's got a nice minty example with a lengthy inventory type number stamped into the pommel backstrap. I bought a minty long model from Eric Wien but sold it to GD member Remus all the way in Belgium. You've got a nice inventory marked one & here's my short model with wide blood groove.

This piece came from collector/dealer Mike Warren many moons ago. It had an odd haze on it that I thought was just the remains of lost plating but it wasn't. A brisk polish took off most of the haze leaving a nice bright & completely plated hilt, a nice surprise. This picture was taken prior to my polish so you can still see some of the faze on the crossguard.

This mark is on the reverse ricasso of a minty short model with nonmagnetic pommel.

zorch.JPG (87.87 KB, 458 downloads)

GDC Gold Badge #290
GDC Silver Badge #310