John,

Thanks for showing those beautiful squirrel sawbacks, I think you've got more than me! While I think all sawbacks are tough to find in nice condition, that short '35-'41 sawback is a tough configuration to find. Yours is a beaut.

Gary,

What a pretty etch! I had nearly forgotten about that Pack you picked up. Were I to only have 1, yours would do nicely indeed. I think the condition is exceeded only by it's rarity & that makes it a special piece by any means. If you're looking to move it someday, I'd probably hock my silvered baby shoes for it! Just dandy!

Jan,

You've found one of my weak spots, the products of L&E. I was getting around to listing a few of them but you beat me to the punch. I think if you want just 1 fire piece & are a logo freak like me, the L&E logo is something you can't go wrong with. To my knowledge it's the only logo that incorporated a swaz which makes it something unusual.

The fire helm is a nice touch as well. This mark was also unusual in that distributors almost exclusively used stamps with the names sometimes including the location of the shop. That's it. The stylized logo thing was almost always used by actual manufacturers. I think the only other distributor that had a stylized logo/name was one of the marks of Gustav Genschow (Geco) where they incorporated a stylized "G".

Andrei,

A very nice looking fire bayonet & a rare mark to boot. What is that thing in the center, an ice block holder? Quite an unusual item Smile I've got a short one with magnetic pommel & wide blood groove too. Yours is the only other one I've seen so they must be unusual to find. Mine is an early piece, I suspect yours is as well. Very well made & a joy to examine.

FW_F._Plucker.JPG (88.05 KB, 548 downloads)

GDC Gold Badge #290
GDC Silver Badge #310