So we're talking about another Eickhorn here, right? Not exactly. Eickhorn produced perhaps but this piece has another iconic mark, that of the twins of JA Henckels.

It's no secret that some of the larger edged weapons manufacturers supplied smaller makers with bayonet parts over the course of the 3R. We've seen many smaller cottage makers' marks on Eickhorn's products over the years. Not that I would consider Henckels a smaller manufacturer but it's possible to infer that at the time this piece was produced that Henckels didn't have a booming bayonet business & subcontracted with Eickhorn for parts.

I have another early Henckels fire bayonet however this one was produced later than the sawback. The hilt is not Eickhorn produced IMO which only leads me to believe either Henckels subcontracted early in the NS zeit, continued to subcontract with other companies than Eick or started producing their own parts as the war progressed. Anything's possible since Henckels mark on a bayonet is still a pretty scarce item.

P3220245.JPG (94.88 KB, 1646 downloads)

GDC Gold Badge #290
GDC Silver Badge #310