Well I think Edwardo might have a point or two. Sounds like a "young" guy (under 50 Big Grin ).
We heard the same line in the 1970's regarding the Atwoods and the "daddy warbucks" that bought the stuff by the container "Fur notin".
Then we heard the same line in the 80's about the "Colonel Stewart's" and the "Dr. Milestone"s. Horders that run the price up.
Then again the same in the 90's about all the "Vet sc..wing, Motel buying dealers, that call themselves collectors".
And at the turn of the century there was the same old garbage rehashed but this time at the
Waitt's, Johnson's and Wittmann's.
And who were saying all these things and having this type of attitude? See above: The Edwardo's on the fringes of our hobby. I've seen it. It's always the same type of guy who would have been complaining 30 years ago because SA daggers were a 100 bucks. And he couldn't buy it for $40 anymore. Always saying "just wait THE DEPRESSION is coming" Prices will crash and you'll be eating your daggers" or "Your NUTS if you think someone will
pay those crazy prices" - "The market has topped out". And the "big horders are old and will be dying soon"
But when I asked Edwardo on Jan. 23'rd, since he felt the market was economy was going to "crash" soon. If he had any muscle cars he wanted to dump quick and "get out"?
Here was his reply:
"I have a 1970 Plymouth GTX 440 4-speed. One of 1471 made. Has it appreciated in value? You bet. Do I believe it will go on forever? No way. For 120K you can have it right now though".
$120,000 for a 1970 GTX-440, that's not even a HEMI! Eek Eek.
- Always the same type of guy. Wink -wagner-