Hi Everyone:
Just picked up this dagger and I am not sure what it is. It might be a parts dagger, real one or a reproduction. The dagger is maker mark WKC. The scabbard is the normal black with no dings or dents. The one thing is it is missing the screw by the hanging ring. There is not even a hole there for a screw. The scabbard is the same size as a regular SA/NSKK. The cross guards are marked P1 inside and I believe those are real. The grip is nice and has the correct eagle and SA symbol. The cross guards and grip fit together very nicely and seem to match. Now here is the real strange thing. The blade is marked WKC on the back but there is no motto on the front. Also the blade is the same length as the SA/NSKK but is more narrow near the tang then a SA blade. The tang has been ground to fit in the SA grip. The throat of the scabbard does fit blade but is not wide enough for a regular SA blade. It is like the scabbard throat was made for the blade. Anyway take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think. I am pretty sure that the cross guard and grip are original but I am not sure of about the blade. Maybe put together right after the war. It is a well made piece and not like the cheap reproductions I have seen. Please let me know what you think.
Jim