I wish you well with your dagger, no matter whether you choose to keep it or sell it as it is ultimately yours (no dagger envy here) and one never really knows what it might bring until it is sold. Ebay works wonders sometimes. All that we "experienced" collectors can offer is a fair sense of market value, the price paid by those collectors having knowledge in the collecting field. As stated in my opinion this is at most a $6000 dagger as it appears in the photos. As a restored piece with a dramatically repaired handle it might push closer to the $10,000 mark to a buyer that doesn't mind the restoration work.Will it ever increase to $18,000?? who knows, never say never. I didn't think that I would see the day when $200 red cross EMs would bring $800 and higher or when SA would hit $1000 let alone $1500. In 1995 they were $250 for maker marked and $150 for plated RZM.I must concur with the opinions expressed that an offer of $15,000 or $18,000 was an extremely fair/generous/glorious offer for this dagger. I would have accepted it but that is me. You might have a personal attachment to the dagger and you might not covet the money/profit as I would. I have seen men turn down good monetary offers for cars sitting in their fields only to have them rust away or get towed to the wreckers. I was always at a loss to figure out those chaps but to each his own. We can think what we want, believe you or not but I don't think there is any reason to fault you or criticize your integrity. Your choice is yours alone. Good luck to you no matter what. cheers, Ryan Tom is a decent guy but he is far from the guru that many make him out to be. He is not without his "hobby" flaws believe me Wink cheers, Ryan