Something else I noticed and wanted to point out about this Voos is that it has the noticeably ugly eagle, similiar to the piece we discussed a number of months ago where there was concern that it was a repro.

There is no parity between the workmanship froom Voos piece to Voos piece. This Voos, although a neat specimine, is not the quality of other Voos sabers I have. It has the big eyed eagle as well as the dimple in the center of the national symbol. It's interesting that there is such fluctuations from piece to piece. And although I feel the workmanship from Voos is better than that of Eickhorn, at least one can count of the Eickhorns to have uniformity accross the board. The Eickhorns are a known quantity.

Just an interesting observation that speaks to the individuality of each saber from the Voos company. I can now see how Voos company could have made a mistake, like casting the swas backward on the langet of the piece we discussed. Looking back on that thread, I feel that partucular piece is genuine.

German Sabers