I think this hobby is one that will never cease to astound. At the end of the day the old saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" can only hope to reinforce the collecting we have embarked upon. It is all very well adhering to the text book descriptions but in the end it is what you are happy with given the sharing and respect of the expertise of your fellow collector.

Forums akin to this are rampant with helpful knowledgeable people who have been in the game long enough to expect the unexpected, question the unquestionable, accept the hither too unaccepted and help expand our hobby. I notice that there are less and less of the old stick in the muds that would not change opinion no matter the facts. To be honest even if there was a split on the opinion of this particular dagger I would have kept it in my collection. There are times when you know that the providence is more important than the perception and paper work.

I wonder, because of the growing interest in the subject, how many other variations will be uncovered. This particular item would have remained on a wall in Essex UK if not for the persevering dealer and the dis-interested sibling. It could have remained hidden or worse (I take on board Degen's comment LOL)in a drawer !!! for another 30 years.

I will bring this with me to the next big show in the US just so you guys can have a hands on. It will most probably be the next SOS.

Thank you so very much for your interest and opinion.

I do have a few more anomalies.......dare I post ???

Regards

Frank