I hope, that I can you give more info about the Dutch Youth Dagger (in Dutch: "Stormersmes" or "Nationale Jeugdstormdolk").

An ex-NSB man, who worked in the NSB Dependance, has give the next numbers of produced daggers;
The 1th type, with the letter A: ca. 1200 - 1400 pieces.
The 2nd type, with the letter B: idem, ca. 1200 - 1400 pieces.
The 3rd type, with the letter C: 200 - 400 pieces.
So, I agree with Mr. Weinand about the three types of this dagger.

In my own collection, I have this dagger from the A-type (A541) and a C-type (C266).
For me, It's easy to compare with the other daggers, the E-bay dagger is original. In 1998, Thomas Johnson has seen my C-type at the militaria-show in Gunzenhausen (Germany) and he could tell me that it is original.
The last 13 years that I collect Third Reich daggers, I didn't see a dagger with an number 1000 or higher, but a few weeks ago, I've seen a A-type with a 1300+ number, so, the number of produced daggers could be correct.

The A-type has the correct Eickhorn logo 1935 -1941, my C-type has the 2nd variation of this logo (see Collecting the Edged Weapons of the Third Reich, Vol. 3, page 189, fig. K & L)
It's correct, that the C-type has no comma and no grip insert and the letter-type is different.
The dagger of the C-type is a little bit smaller and shorter, you can see that by comparing them.

That this dagger should be have an scabbard with rounded tip (one of the red flags from Herman) is not correct, it's not a HJ Fahrtenmesser...! (You find the rounded tip and the "normal" tip by Eickorn HJ Fahrtenmesser and I think only 10 - 20% has a rounded tip)
I've 2 DJ Fahrtenmesser in my own collection, and the scabbard is exactly the same one, I can put the Dutch Youth Dagger in the DJ scabbard, no problem. I think, they have simply used the DJ-scabbard...!

About the reproductions; in the late 70's/early 80's, about 100 pieces were made by Eickhorn (!!), ordered by a Dutch militaria-dealer. I've tried to find out his name and to find a repro, but at this time, I couldn't find one. I think, the owners think that they have an original.....
I've contact the Eickhorn-firma in Solingen, but the new owner don't know anything about it and they don't have any dagger/parts on stock.

I hope, to find wartime documentation about this dagger with can give the "true story".
Only the makers of the original AND the repro can tell more about them, the makers of the orignals are dead or can't remember, the maker of the reproductions seals his lips....

regards,

Edwin van Veelen
The Netherlands

PS
The originals have grey lines in the ivory-coloured plastic-grips, I heard, the repro's don't have grey lines!