quote:
Originally posted by JWotka:
Isn't it amazing how every scarce item seems to be awarded by Himmler.

There are blank plates with the police eagle center. When awarded by Himmler and Daluege, police plates were properly lettered for the specific event and usually dated. There exists an example of the Rune plate with award lettering. Perhaps a presentation or gift from Himmler? With a lettered presentation it would be more personal than a blank plate.

The blank rune plates are like the blank police plates. Extra production kept by Allach for replacement to authorized recipients in case of brakeage. To me that is the most logical explanation.

I believe only one SS plate has been recorded with a lettered presentation and I have photo's of that and they do not appear on any website that I have seen to date. And it was for a competition of the same manner as a Police competition. But although left over stock may seem to be the most logical explanation "logic" as a rule does not always fair well in this hobby. And there are several explanations all of which could be applied as logic. You can see the logic in that, yes? Wink.

Logic is like a mirage, its there one minute and gone the next.