Some new pictures, I spent hours hand cleaning the fittings too get the steal wool scratches of that some ding bat used to clean it. But they look 100% better then before. When I pulled the scabbard fittings off there was some original anodizing finish under them, but IMO someone painted over the anodizing because the scabbard was probably suffering from some corrosion they did not do the best job preparing for a repaint, I doubt it was a collector who did it as there is paint right over some small pits. I think someday I will spend some serious time and redo it so I can re-anodize the scabbard and not repaint which is not the correct way to do it. I got a degree in Auto Body so I think I can do it really nice welding the pits sand the spot weld down and then acid etch the whole scabbard so the blueing can be lied evenly even over the spot welds, I did this on a K98 I had restored and it worked awesome using this technique there was no unevenness even were I had welded . But this project will wait for now but I will post results when done. I know a lot of you guys siad leave it the way it is but I don�t think a ****ty post war repaint is worth leaving IMO.