I just thought I would give 2 cents on this item. The person name drops in the questions on the sword. Belive me this does not help his cause. They have 100% made postwar damascus luft blades this is a fact.. I personally have seen army sword blades and even U.S. damascus marine sword blades. The blades were made in india. I bought some of these about 5 years ago from germany that a factory was (trying out) And yes you can have the damascus german made. I seen a true damascus postwar luft. blade sword at a old max show. The guy wanted under $5,000.00 now do you really think that was made during the war. The blade was made in India fact.The current navy damascus blades are made in india and some germany maybe, Andre would not say (wkc) sells them on a navy dagger. For a price things can and are being made. It is how they are sold. Carl Wester and Paul Dinger and Mr. Kurtner were making damascus daggers and sword blades post war.
I'm not saying the sword on e-bay is post war but they did make postwar damascus luft sword blades. If I have made a mistake in spelling I'm sorry I was in a rush to post. Regards: Damast

Collector of Edged Weapon art.