ORPO

Posted 14 September 2004 18:01
Jiri,

Yes, both of Bernd's tunics have plain silver (glatt) buttons. Yes, The first tunic has gold boards and collar tab piping. Yes, the second has whitish cellon (and green without the red backing shoulderboards) but it is possible the cellon is faded and it may have been gold at one time. The tunic is heavily worn and I cannot tell for certain on this tunic.

I do not think the two tunics came from the same man, but I do think they are early tunics that have been continued in service after a regulation change. I agree with you that they are probably old uniforms with new regulaltion insignia. That is the only reason I can think of to hide the red piping on the front and cuffs of the second uniform.

I also tend to agree with you that the rosettes are early and were probably changed over to pips on later shoulderboards. The rosettes do seem to have been available in catalogs during the war however. Perhaps for other Beamte as well as Justiz u. Strafvollzug. The glatt buttons confused me as well and that is why I pointed them out. They do appear original to the two tunics.

Here is another set of my shoulderboards that have the red underlay as on the pair that I showed with the rosettes instead of pips.

"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself." Ricky Nelson