All,
I've now wound up with three K98 bayos, all three of which are mixed parts, two of which I just recently purchased from Century Arms International.
Since these are already mixed parts, I'm giving thought to rearranging the grips.

First bayo is a S174G, probably original finish, as it looks parkerized, there is rust on flashguard, discoloration on blade. Handles are Bakelite.
This bayo and pics was dicussed on here many months ago, and I believe it was decided it was pre-war, was rebuilt, and Bakelite grips were not originally on this bayo.

Next bayo is from CAI, is 41FZE, with very good blueing, dark wooden grips. (Some finish missing from tip from scabbard.)

Next bayo is from CAI, is COF44, light colored wooden grips, excellent blueing. (No flashguard.)

CAI bayos came with scabbards with very good to excellent blueing, one being a BYM4, the other a 43ASW. (Non-matching, of course.)

My intention is to put the Bakelite grips on a bayo proper for that.

I'm assuming that since these bayos are mismatched numbers, that moving parts around doesn't affect their "value?" (CAI bayos were $50.00 each, S174G bayo was $30.00.)

I'm going to keep one, maybe two of these, by the way.

Not a bayo collector, really, just want one for my K98, maybe an extra.

I can post pix if it's necessary.

Thanks!
Eric