Rick Turner and I met once at a MAX show in the late eighties or early nineties. Even after meeting only once and living at the opposite ends of North America, we have become good friends.

Rick is an man of many talents. Among them is being one of the foremost model builders of today. He has posted many of his models on this forum for all to enjoy.

When I finished putting together my 1/16th r/c Tamyia King Tiger, I had no idea who I was going to get to paint it. Although I can build 'em, I can't paint 'em.

To make a long story short, Rick agreed to paint it for me. To say that I was happy was an understatement.

I will use this thread to post his progress of what will be a King Tiger of the schwere Panzer Abteilung 503 "Feldherrenhalle" during the Battle for Budapest in the fall of 1944 and spring of 1945. Although little is known of that battle here in the West, it was one of the bloodiest of WW2 with over 100,000 Russian and German casualties.

But enough of that. To give you an idea of the talent involved here, here are a few pics of the jack.

Bernie's_KT_05.JPG (13.39 KB, 497 downloads)