SCOTT,

Those are some good questions. I have sent Frogprince pictures of 9 VZ-24 bayonets. The SS have dated these bayonets and the dates fall into 3 groups: 1939, 1940, & 1941. I would believe that the last deathead markings would be 1941 for the VZ-24 bayonets. I know that deathead markings on 84/98s stopped much earlier. I would need some help from the experts determining the cut off dates on the 84/98s.

As for the Deathead marks on the bayonets, there are deatheads with geometry that you do not see on the rifles. The 98/05 deatheads are a very early type deathead that can be found on the SS/VT collartabs and on the SS side rail scopes.
Other deatheads are similiar to deatheads found on rifles. Those deatheads that are metal stamped into the bayonets resemble more closely those tat are on the rifles. However, the metal stamped deatheads on the bayonets do not always present the full geometry due to mismatch of the stamp face to the bayonet geometry.
The engraved deatheads & runes on the bayonets vary from those found on rifles. The variance is usually in size: may be larger and or smaller depending where they are located.
Also, I did have numerous guns and scopes in Senich's book.

Richard Kuchta