SCOTT

In regards to your posting concerning your knowledge and expertise about SS rifles, I did state that you do have a vast knowledge of SS Rifles and their markings. An example is the runes 01, runes 2, etc. I have several bayonets marked with runes 2. As far as I can tell, it looks like the same stamp that was used on the rifles to mark runes 2. You are the only person that I know of that has deciphered these particular SS markings. When you support your statements with facts, you show your expertise.
However, when you make a lot of the statements that you do concerning or alluding to that SS Bayonets that are marked bring up a red flag and you do not feel good about them is your opinion and not based upon any facts by you. I respect your opinion and everyone is entitled to their opinion. However in collecting, the items speak for themselves, facts are facts, you have never seen any of my SS bayonets.

You mention that my main source of SS bayonets is the mystery millionaire. You also mention that anything that comes from this source should be treated with suspicion and be questioned. However, when MH is alluded to, that does not set well with you. I shall not mention MH again in any of my postings because it does not belong in the forum because it does not contribute to the transfer of knowledge in our collecting field.
As to where my collection came from,it came from all over the US. I never bought an SS Bayonet in Europe, but I did talk to former SS men while on business trips in Europe. Talk to a former SS man and see what he has to say about SS/TV & SS/VT equipment being property marked.
I have bought 7 SS Bayonets from the Secret Millionaire. I would buy more except that he will not separate the remaining bayonets from the rifles.
This forum is to promote our collecting hobby and exchange information. As I said before, everyone is entitled to their own opinion on any of the posted subjects. The SS Bayonets speak for themselves.

Richard Kuchta