SCOTT,

Your opinions on VZ-24 SS bayonets are appreciated. As usual, they are opinions based only on your feelings and not facts. I guess VZ-24 SS marked rifles do not exist either. How about Czech field glasses that have SS property marks on them, do they exist?

I can not wait to share the pictures of these SS bayonets with all of the BCN members. Later this year I plan to start getting the documentation together for a publication.

Just because an item has not bee seen does not mean that it does not exist. Kelly Hicks new book on SS Helmets is a fine example of extremely rare SS Helmets being shown for the first time. When I was collecting SS Helmets over 30 years ago, some of those now shown SS helmets were not even known to exist. The same goes for the variations of SS Decals.

Like rare SS Helmets, SS Bayonets go for high prices. A complete matching bayonet & scabbard with SS frog will trade for more than a chained SS Dagger. There are thousands of chained SS Daggers but only a few surviving SS Bayonets.If you have money, you can buy a Chained SS Dagger or SS Rifle any time you want. You can not say that about SS Bayonets.
How many real etched, SS KS/98 Bayonets exist? Only about 3 that I know of and the major one is in my collection. The SS Bayonet I am refering to is the one that was in Techt's book on engraved bayonets.

Scott, I am not the only person collecting SS bayonets. These bayonets reside in alot of advanced collections. There are BCN members that have them in their collections also.