Denny:
I started going to Auburn in the Late 60s when I lived in Ft. Wayne. Boy it was a lot different then. The Krueses would probably rather this be forgotten but they started out as good ole boy farm auctioneers and just happened to be handy when the ACD Club decided to have auction in conjunction with their meet.
They used to have a car corral* where anyone could put their car on display for free. I remember turning down a 1960 Pontiac Bonneville convertible that had been a factory show car for $1500. It had swivel bucket seats a tonneau cover over the rear seats and all sorts of special features. If I remember correctly it was a 4 speed with an injected engine and had a metalic paint job that would knock your eyes out. The car to the best of my knowledge has never re-surfaced. I'm still kicking myself over that one.
*This of course was before real greed set into the car hobby much as it has in the militaria hobby. These auctions today are just an opportunity for one middle age old fart to try and impress all the other middle age old farts in attendance with how much money they have to waste.
Jim