If you know exactly what to look for, you can spot even the "best" fake ETA-made Rolex replicas. I spent a good deal of time comparing mine to the fake that guy I knew had, this was about 2 years ago. Only a Rolex dealer or enthusiast could spot it otherwise. I have heard many pawn shops have even been screwed with them. I just could not believe there were that good of fakes out there until I saw that one. I had seen the ones for sale in Mexico and on the street. They could not fool a 12-year-old. $1200 for a fake, why not just get the real thing then? Ebay is full of them! I bet someone gets screwed every day there. My sub keeps very good time, ALMOST as good as the fake (the fake keeps better time!). The ETA movement in the best fakes is actually better than the real Rolex movement, at least for keeping time. I believe the real movement lasts longer, and it more durable though. Funny as this Rohm thread has taken this turn, but it got me thinking about these watches again, and I did a little more looking at these on the internet. Try looking at www.perfectswiss.com SCARY!! How do they get away with this? Copyright infringement.....