Unfortunately I do not have the dagger here, it is at home. I will not be at home until Monday night, so I can't get any more pictures until then. I did very lightly clean just the blade with a little Simichrome, just to get the crap off of it. I still can see some faint crossgrain, especially on the motto side. The motto looks good. Little to no burnish remains though. I very briefly took it down when I lightly cleaned the blade. I can't believe I forgot to look for tang markings. Was in a hurry. What do you guys know about the maker mark as far as the & symbol and the hammer and the strap or whatever, that is sometimes seen between the legs? Hammer is pointed and outlined, not just fully etched in. No strap (or whatever) hanging between the legs. & symbol is same hight as the rest of the letters. Looks like there might be 2 lines on the left knee. The face (of the person w/hammer) does look different than some of the "known fakes" I have seen pictures of, meaning I think the face looks ok. Anybody have any thoughts on these factors? Sorry the pictures are so bad!