quote:
Originally posted by lloyd:
quote:
Originally posted by Alexandra Beilengries:
Here it goes on:

"If I should in fact receive funds from you they will be returned to you asap. I cannot violate German customs or national policy for any amount of money as that would be breaking the law.

Thank You for your understanding,

Lloyd deForest"

Judge yourself it this is on the one hand true at all what he wrote about German law and on the other hand if this is a man who should stay as a member in this forum.
Remember: this could have happened to everybody here...

Clarification to all interested:
My first correspondence regarding this Allach piece was with "Alexandra Beilengries" of this forum. I received the following emil regarding the piece as follows:
"Hello Lloyd,

I recently saw your Allach cup on the German-Daggers-website and I would like to buy it.

My offer for the piece is $3500.

Please let me know if that is o.k. for you.

Thanks in advance for your answer regarding this.

Alexandra from Germany"

At this point, I received the following email:
"Hello Lloyd,

thanks for your pictures!

I really like the piece and you can be sure: it will be in good hands here in good old Germany.

Whenever you want to visit this lovely coutry please let me know: you are always welcome!

Please send me your bank account so that I can wire the $3500 into your account.

My address is: Alexandra Beine - Wiedaustrasse 70 c - 48163 M�nster-Amelsb�ren

Please inform me when the money has arrived and pack the piece very carefully and send it with UPS, if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Alexandra from Germany"

Before finalizing any agreement, I emailed this:
"Hi Alexandra,
Will be waiting for it and will discuss shipping on receipt.

Have a great weekend and sure hope that we don't get any more snow here. Have 3 foot drifts now but still able to get out.

Regards,

Lloyd"

Wanting to inform her of necessary postage, I queried several people regarding the proper procedure to send this piece. I was told that the German government would not allow Allach into Germany. When I learned of this, I immediatly sent the following email:

"ALEXANDRA, Please do NOT forward money to me. Something has arisen and cup not available at this time. Again, DO NOT FORWARD MONEY.
Thank You, Lloyd deForest"
I subsequently sent the following to clarify the above:

"Hi again,
It is my understanding that the German authorities do not want or permit Allach pieces to be shipped into Germany and I will not even attempt to circumvent German policy by sending this piece to you. If I should in fact receive funds from you, they will be returned to you asap. I cannot violate German customs or national policy for any amount of money as that would be breaking the law.

Thank You for your understanding,

Lloyd deForest"

I then received several emails to include:

"Hello Lloyd!

I have send the money already and I want to make one thing for sure:

I am not willing to let this cup go since we officially already made a contract which is visable totally clear!

We both agreed to a deal and contract and both parties have to fulfill their parts.

I am not stupid and if something happened to the Allach cup I want to get the broken pieces!

It is not my problem if someone like Dennis Porell or Kris Lindblom or any other guy offered you more for it - we made the deal and we will finish it.

Otherwise I may have to take legal action - and I am not afraid of doing it.

Best regards!"

Today I receved this email:

"Hello Mr. Forest,

what you write concerning german law and Allach or Nazi pieces is NOT correct and I guess you know that. It is just another attempt to try not to fulfil our contract.

You should know this: I inform Mr. Dave Hohaus and Mr. Craig Gottlieb about your illegal behaviour concerning our contract about the Allach cup. This is visable to every collector and the whole public on the GDC forum.

As well: I am a citizen of the USA (!) and I come from West Warwick in Road Island - so no problem for me at all to take legal action! I started it already yesterday and if you are still not willing to send me the Allach cup after you receive the $3500 from me I promise you you will get in trouble.

The world is a village! So better fulfill your duties!

Best regards,

Ren�e Alexandra Carolyn"

I HAVE NOT RECEIVED AND I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY MONEY FROM THIS PERSON OR PERSONS (note the name change).
AT THIS POINT AFTER INNUENDO AND INSULT, I AM KEEPING THE CUP!

(There is NO state named "ROAD Island". It would seem that a citizen of the US would know the proper spelling of their state!)

NOTE: Today is Saturday Feb 23, 2008. As of this date, the money that Alexandra Beilengries, aka Alexandra Beine, aka Renee Alexandra Carolyn and poss aka Thorston Beine had stated on Feb 8th that the money would be here in "4 or 5 days" has NOT been received. I told her/him/whoever NOT to send the money but was informed on Feb 10 that the money had been sent.
As of this date, Sat Feb 23, 2008, NO money has been received and if it had, it would have been returned. There of course has been no need for that as NO money ever was wired!
The piece is NOT for sale and will NOT be in my life time. I just wanted to update on the status and to sincerely Thank all parties who have been of help and contacted me. Hope you all do well at the SOS!