Like Bernie; I don't have a stake in these daggers either and have pretty much confined my comments to the bogus chains where I do have a bit of expertise. CA is correct in that no matter when these chains were made you can't alter the fact that they are bogus. The primary difference to anyone that would argue that they are pre-1945 manufacture is you are saying that a daggers was actually issued with bogus hallmarks a position that anyone familiar with German silver hallmarking laws can easily refute and what would have constituted a serious offense. Post war bogus chains however wouldn't have been a problen because the authorities would not want anything to do with them or probably even admitted their existence. Everyone here is certainly entitled to their own conclusions but the evidence due to the consequences points to post war manufacture.
To address Gailens point inre. to reading older references I posted much earlier in this thread that I had done research to the extent I could within my own library. The first mention of these Huhnlein daggers I could find in print was in Angolias dagger book published in 1974. Understanding that this book was probably being created a few years earlier so lets use 1970 as a "discovery" date. That means that from 1945 till 1970, a period of 25 years, these daggers were unknown. In this same earlier post I asked if anyone else have an earlier reference to a Huhnlein dagger which of course was ignored.
So if the 1974 date is the earliest reference we are to believe this dagger escaped discovery till that time?
Jim