quote:
Originally posted by Ju88:
Sam, I am definitely gonig to give the Dominicanos another try, and knowing what to try is a plus, thanks.

Clubs and Puritos are great for when you do not have a lot of time.
A lot of the puritos are machine rolled, even from companies like Romeo y Julieta, and don't quite seem the same as the smaller clubs, at least IMO, as they burn way faster, and just don't seem the same, but I am sure that does not apply to all of the puritos.

I don't know the name of the Upmanns that I have, as I split a box with a friend some time ago, and opted for the 13th cigar over the box. They are the size of the Esplendidos, tho, but have a different name.

Nice refreshing conversation here, with no critique at all.

Salute,

TJ!

It seems that the Dominicans make all over better quality cigars than the Cubans these days. I have been told it�s because of the rising demand of the Cubans which means faster production for the exports unfortunately makes uneven quality.

But when you get one of the really perfect Cubans, man, there is nothing better.
Most Cubans are stronger than Dominicans and contains more nicotine because of the Cuban soil so Dominicans is definitely a better choice for the beginner to avoid the dizzy head.

You�re right about clubs & Puritos, It�s great when you don�t have 2 ours left for a double corona, but they have to be handmade.

And TJ,

Salute, Wink

Sam,

"Honesty is the best policy"