Ah yes, he uses the same story and technique it would seem, as the inside on my box had newspaper with clear tape as if daggers were wrapped in it, then torn off. Also the clear tape on the outside of the box, opened, then brown plastic tape to reclose it...sort of fooled me for a minute until I check the weight of the box on the shipping label, and it was the same. I had the same sinking feeling when the box arrived and was so light. Same story about the JFK workers.

I've kept the box as a painful reminder...plus as evidence if I ever get the chance to use it!

SYL wrote:
John, I went to the post again this morning.. I know now for certain the daggers were stolen from here. I was told in the last few months over 40 packages have arrived at there destination countrys with the contents missing..I was told by the lady at the post that 6 employees are under investigation for inside postal theft, they were opening the boxes taking out the items and them sending them out. The postal inspector and police are investigating,She also told me they are suspected of being part of a theft ring that is operating here and in poland, She most likely the items were taken out of the country and will be Hard to track down..She also said it could take months to complete the investigation that i have to wait and see if my items and everybody elses items can be recovered and then identified..So John this is where it stands now..The post wont do anything until this thing comes to a head..I have to wait. John I'm real sorry for the problem this thing is making me Sick..Please dont be upset with me it's not my fault! Syl

Hi Syl,
Thanks for the update.
I sent the money in good faith, paid for postage and insurance. I have nothing in return, except an empty box. I'm not sure that it is fair that I have to wait for months for a claim that in the end may be denied. I�m very upset about this.
What do you as the seller think would be fair?

Hi John, Yes i know i dont blame you for being so, I'm Very Upset myself this is not the 1st time as i told you with postal problems, John Yes you are right about the reciept, The thing is i already started the claim process when i found out the other day what happened The woman at the Reclaim dept in the post office advised me to go ahead and start it..I turned in the reciept to her for processing along with the forum i had to fill out, Also i dont know if the box was wighed correctly to begin with? I will go there on monday with my camera and take pic! Syl

That was the last email from him, until he tried to sell me some more daggers under a different name and email address! Please pass this on to all of your collecting friends so no one else gets ripped off by this crook. Feel free to leave him negative feedback if you can!

Thanks, John