I too was at the Huhnlein discussion round table. I totally agree with everything that Paul Hogle commented on. They are very valid points!! Like I mentioned on the WAF fourm, I know that there are several of you out there who dislike Craig Gottlieb for one reason or another, but at the meeting he was very articulate and was well prepared for presenting his side of the facts. I appreciate Craig's efforts to bring the Mooneys to the meeting on behalf of telling the history of the newly surfaced Huhnlein Honor Dagger. Their account of how the piece came into their posession definately solidified (at least for me and everyone in the room except for Mr. Stevens) that these pieces were wartime manufactured. Now, from what I gather, the questions are in regards to the chains with silver stampings into the reverse of the chain, correct? What about the ones with chains that have a heavier silver nickel content, thicker links, and are unmarked. I believe that there are five out of thirteen in existence with this configuration? I took to the meeting both of my Huhnleins and two SA High Leaders for examination. I find it very interesting that Mr. Stevens did not make one single comment or arguement about the pieces laid before him. He had ample time to do this, but he chose to argue with Craig about the letter of provenance on the Huhnlein that surfaced in Denmark. When the meeting was over, four out of the five members on the panel believed that the NSKK "Huhnlein" Honor dagger was period constructed and issued. The issues as to why certain chains are marked and some are not, or why some have heavier(thicker) links and others do not, will continue to be a mystery. I feel confident that someday photgraphic or paper evidence will surface showing that these pieces were constructed and issued prior to 1945. Until then, those who believe will continue to believe and those who do not, will not. Regards, Grant