Trigger, No thanks are necessary, but I and I'm sure Frederick J Stephens and Jim M appreciate them. While this at times has been a challenging discussion. It has also been an interesting and educational one as well.

But the real thanks I think should go to Craig Gottlieb for bringing this topic back to life after a two year hiatus. Without his announcement and what followed this thread would not have happened.

And I�m sure that there will be many at the MAX who would like to meet up with Craig personally. And thank him. For this much closer look into the �H�hnlein" daggers than happened with the very first discussion.

Dave, I don�t know Serge�s mind, but I�m going to guess that he was drawing attention to a tendency that some collectors have worse than others.

While I do both depending on what it is, a very good friend of mine is what I would call a hard core �variant collector�. Somebody mentions the word �variant� - and his eyes sort of glaze over and his wallet comes out.

Usually it�s harmless, but sometimes it can lead to making bad choices. Like for example the Dutch Heilman NSKK dagger from the 1950's which recently surfaced, and a whole bunch of others. Regards to All, Fred